Thursday, April 26, 2012

Love at first sight







Etica has most certainly been through a lot in her life. I have no idea how and when she ended up in a dog and cat shelter that burned to the ground last spring. Most of the kitties died in a fierce blaze and the surviving ones have remained on the site of a fire for almost a month. That shelter was not far from mine and I knew I had to try to rescue as many cats as I could.

The first time I went to pick them up, Etica started following me around and meowing as if she begged me to take her. As I didn’t have enough cat carriers I couldn’t take them all (the sickest cats were given top priorities) so she was left behind. Nevertheless, I couldn’t stop thinking of a kitty who sounded so desperate and eager to leave… A day later, I returned to that devastated place and picked up Etica and most of her friends.

It’s been almost a year since that dejected kitty arrived to my shelter yet she is still following me around. She looks far from unhappy now, she seems grateful to be alive and able to enjoy each new day to its fullest. Her life is definitely a life worth living.

1 comment:

Angela P said...

She is so lucky to be part of a great family now..thank you.